If you have a soft memory foam mattress, then you must need to clean it, and for this, you need to know how to clean memory foam mattress. The memory foam mattress is gaining popularity day by day for bedding. It makes a sound sleep and gives you more comfortable. It is also necessary to clean the topper of your mattress because it can be got dirty with bacteria, dust, etc.
A total clean bed gives the environment of a sound sleep. But it needs the special care because it is not so easy to clean it. But there are some techniques, and if you follow them it will be easy for you. To do this, you need some products and time to spend to clean your memory foam mattress.
How to clean memory foam mattress
The material of memory foam is special. So, the cleaning process must be special for this mattress. Now I am describing some tips on how to clean memory foam mattress which will help you best to clean your mattress.
It is the easiest and one of the simplest processes to clean the memory foam mattress. If you clear your memory foam regularly, it will be neat and clean all time. Try to clean it at least 4 or 5 times in a year. Vacuum cleaning is good because vacuum takes out all the dirt such as death sells, lint, hair, dust and such other dirt from the mattress.
You can take a vacuum which is hand-held or a vacuum with a brush. The brush will remove the extra dirt from the liner sides. Vacuum all the part of the memory foam mattress carefully. Now start to clean the topper. Vacuum it with soft the brush.
Stains removal process from memory foam
To get rid of from the stains of the memory foam, it is not good to use the commercial products such as ammonia because it is too harsh. Now see some methods of removing stains from the memory foam mattress.
It is a natural method to remove the stains. To do this process, you need a vacuum, a toothbrush, paper roll, spray bottle, vinegar, baking soda and some other things. Try to soak the damp stain with the paper towel and bloating as much as possible. But do not press the paper roughly.
- To get rid of the urine smell, you can use white vinegar. Spray the vinegar on the dirty area and then soak there. Besides, you can use the toothbrush on this area where the stains are heavy. Then run your fan to set the vinegar. Do it for 5-6 minutes.
- Now sprinkle some baking soda over the area until it covers. Then keep it for some hours to let the soda to set on it. When the baking soda soaks the liquid vinegar, it will start to thicken up. In this way, vinegar will remove the odor.
- Now it is the time to use the vacuum cleaner. With this cleaner, clean the baking soda from the surface of the mattress.
You can use the chemical ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide, dish detergent. Take a spray bottle. Take a pot and put some hydrogen peroxide and some baking soda and some dish detergent. Then mix them properly. Take the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Now spray the mixture on the stains and completely cover the area with this solution.
- You can open the windows and switch the fan so that the mixture can set properly. Keep the mattress for one hour.
- When the mixture gets dried, you will find that the smell of the stain vanished.
In the market, you will get the Enzyme cleaners which are liquid or powder. You can use this to clean the memory foam mattress. To do this process, you need a spray bottle. Now see the process.
- Take some biological enzyme in a spray bottle. Now make it liquid by mixing some water.
- Now spray the solution on the stained part of the foam directly. Then keep it for five minutes to set in. You can also follow the instruction of the packet. Now switch on the fan and open the windows so that proper air can pass through the room.
- When the solution set properly, blot up the stains with a paper towel.
- Now sprinkle some baking soda properly to cover the stained area. Then keep it for 15 hours.
- Then vacuum the memory foam mattress.
You can choose one of these three methods to clean your memory foam mattress. You can clean your mattress properly by following the methods because now you know how to clean memory foam mattress.
Drying process of Memory Foam Mattress
As the memory foam gets watered by any way, you need to dry it quickly. To do this, you can take the mattress in the direct sun light immediately. If it is necessary to keep the memory foam mattress for a long time in the sun, you should turn all the side periodically to dry it properly.
If you have no scope to dry your mattress in the sun, then you can sprinkle some baking soda on the spot because backing soda can absorb all the dampness. After two hours you will see a clump. After this process, you need to vacuum the mattress to remove the baking soda. The unpleasant odors also remove with baking soda.
If you feel that the memory foam is still dumped, then you can blow dryer. It will dry the mattress. Use the blow dryer at a moderate setting because the hottest setting can damage the mattress. So, it is better to use the cold setting or the warm setting to complete the drying process.
The memory foam mattress is the thing that makes our sleeping comfortable. It is not a cheap thing. So, you need to take care of it and keep it clean. So, if you have it, you should know how to clean memory foam mattress. I hope you are able to learn the cleaning method of it from this article.